counter

Saturday 11 January 2014

Essay : Emotion - a subjective, conscious experience characterized primarily by psychophysiological expressions, biological reactions, and mental states. Or, how I am becoming an emotional woman!

My friend took me to a hockey game the other day, Winnipeg vs Tampa Bay. I enjoyed getting out and even enjoyed the game; although Winnipeg played like amateurs in losing. However this isn't about hockey, it is about the steepness of the stairs in the arena. Our seats were in the last row (good seats, great view) but I was a little shaky and felt like I was climbing Mount Everest. At least there was a handrail, but it ended 2 rows from ours and to add to my nervousness, having gone late, our row was fully occupied so that people had to stand to let us reach our seats. The result was the pathway to our seats was very narrow and I could imagine myself losing balance. I didn't. I sat down and enjoyed the action on the ice. Going down the stairs was easy and no problem. What causes me concern is that before PD, I would never have had those feelings and now I do. I tell you, PD does strange things to my emotions.

As I have said before, my feminine side is surfacing. I get emotional over the strangest things. For example, I was watching "Chuck" on netflix and got emotional when the spy girl, Sarah, told Chuck there could never be anything between them so Chuck went back to the meat lady (Rachel, I think). Now I have this conundrum: Will Sarah admit her love for Chuck or is Chuck going to find happiness with Rachel. Oh yeah, Sarah's old boyfriend, (whose name I don't remember) has just returned; albeit in a frozen state. Now there is a love triangle with Sarah, Chuck, and the frozen ex? God lord, don't the writers realize I can only take so much.

You see what I mean?????

On the bright side of things, after suffering through 2 or more weeks of temperatures between -25C and -45C, the cold spell has suddenly broken. I awoke this morning to -8C and I finally emerged from hibernation to walk 3 miles. I had a tremor in my right hand through the first mile, but it disappeared and I walked the last 2 miles tremor free. I really believe exercise is essential for PWP. The predicted high for tomorrow is zero and I should be out there again.

However, PD has also given me an unreasonable temper for the stupidest of reasons. Big things don't bother me. It's the little things, like weather forecasts. The problem is the weatherman hardly ever gets it right. It is rather annoying. I expect a warm up and weather prognosticators screw up, sometimes as much as 5 degrees, and not in the right direction. For crying out loud, they have computers to help them but, in the winter anyway, they are wrong more than they are right. It makes me crazy. I was talking to a friend who, before retiring, was a meteorologist with Environment Canada. After being teased about the inaccuracy of EC's forecasts, he good-naturedly replied, "What do you want? It's only a guess."

You see what I mean???

Top Ten for the past month

  1. Canada 267
  2. United States 250
  3. France 47
  4. United Kingdom 42
  5. Russia 19
  6. China 14
  7. Vietnam 14
  8. Germany 8
  9. Ireland 7
  10. Spain 5

No comments:

Post a Comment