counter

Wednesday 29 January 2014

The shirt off my back

I had another vivid dream last night. It was a short one and was interrupted by my entire back going into spasm. The dream started off well, she (who?) and I put raincoats over our nude bodies and went walking in the rain. I was feeling pretty good, but in the next instant, I was elsewhere and some creature was ripping the shirt off my back and gouging my skin. I awoke, slightly freaked out, until I realized my back had spasmed, a full back spasm that had worked its way into my dream. Now I will never know what happened. Just another of the shaking palsy's forays over the parapets of my defences.

Spasm An intense, involuntary contraction of a muscle or muscle group that can be quite painful. Muscle spasms can occur without apparent reason or be a consequence of overuse or excessive time spent in one position. The dystonia that develops in later stages of Parkinson’s is a severe spasm in which the muscles remain held in a contracted state for an extended time, causing pain and awkward positioning. Adjusting the Levodopa dosage sometimes lessens the occurrence of dystonia. restless leg syndrome (RLS), in which the legs twitch and tingle, often includes muscle spasms. sometimes massaging the area helps the muscles to relax. muscle relaxant medications often are necessary to interrupt the nerve signals causing the contractions when dystonia and spasms become frequent or disruptive. (http://what-when-how.com/parkinsons-disease/spasm-parkinson%E2%80%99s-disease/)

Welcome to my nightmare

No comments:

Post a Comment