counter

Friday 3 January 2014

The Fall of the House of Bluster

For some time I have been telling people, quite boastfully I might add, that my PD was progressing slowly. Maybe it still is, but there are indications that it is somewhat more aggressive than I thought.

For example:

  1. Right eye hurts
  2. Joints in my right hand and foot get cold and sore.
  3. Shakier now, especially on the right side.
  4. Voice is practically non-existent. My brother did not recognize my voice when he phoned recently.
  5. Word finding is becoming more difficult when speaking (I have no word finding problem with the written word). I am starting to either (a) talk in simple sentences or (b) remain quiet or (c) avoid social contact, which is not difficult as my social life is limited as it is.
  6. I have had to increase my medication

The moving eye looks on and having looked, hurts like the blazes.

Apparently, all muscles are affected by PD, including whatever muscles operate the eyelid. Some PwP don't blink very often. Blinking moistens the eye and removes grime. Since some of us are blinking challenged, our eyes get dry and sore. The result is I spend a fortune on artificial tears. Don't you just love the vagaries of parkinson's?

As for my voice......Well, don't get me started.

I would enjoy adding to a conversation but if I open my mouth and stumble over words, I think myself a fool and wonder what my listeners think. For now, my blog will have to suffice for conversation. Anyway, it has been said that one of the great arts of conversation is silence. I am content with that.

Today, I have nothing more to say. Besides, there is always tomorrow.

I am trying to remain positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment