counter

Monday 23 December 2013

But baby, it's cold outside.

Christmas is two days away and it is unseasonably cold here. Normal temperatures for this time of year hover around -10C. Today, with the windchill, it reached -44C. Just a touch chilly! This kind of cold does not usually arrive until the middle of January and into February. That's when we leave the frozen prairie for 3 weeks in Florida. Thank god for Florida, the land of heat, hedonism, spring break and, well....... go see for yourself.

But enough of that and on to PD.

A few days ago, a friend asked me if cold affected my PD and I absentmindedly answered "no". I also answered "no" when my son-in-law asked if I thought the heat of Miami Beach helped suppress my symptoms. I was wrong on both counts. I wear good winter mittens and yet my fingertips get so cold they tingle, as if I had a nerve problem and, maybe I do, but it only occurs when I get seriously cold. In Miami, I don't have that problem. There, I have no problems, except I miss my grandchildren.

They say happiness is good health and a bad memory. I wonder how I fit into that definition?

Only 8 more weeks until we head south. Gotta love Florida. The best way to describe Miami Beach is that it is different. I have only been to 3 foreign countries in my lifetime, the USA, Great Britain and South Miami Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment