counter

Monday 9 December 2013

I want to inspire, and be inspired.

in·spi·ra·tion (nsp-rshn)noun.
  • Stimulation of the mind or emotions to a high level of feeling or activity.
  • The condition of being so stimulated.
One person who (unknownly) inspired me right from my diagnosis was Chris. At the time, he moderated a small forum on PD that he has since let lapse in favour of a presence on facebook. I believe it has been 9 years since his diagnosis and a couple of years ago he returned to university. He keeps a blog entitled "Wearing off" and his most recent entry details some of the problems he might soon encounter in doing a presentation before his class mates. It gives you a good idea of what PWP must deal with. You can find it here and it is an interesting read. I am inspired by his approach to PD. He doesn't let it get him down and he carries on a life that is almost normal. Makes me think I still have a few good years left.

Living with PD requires creativity. The creativity of Chris, and others, inspires hope, optimism, and a desire to help inspire the newly diagnosed.

No comments:

Post a Comment