counter

Wednesday 18 December 2013

Dream along with me. I'm on my way to the stars.

I had one of those vivid, virtual dreams last night. It was unusual in its intensity and involved lots of thrashing around. Of course I only remember it in flashes

  1. I am walking down the beach with another person when somebody yells "LOOK OUT". I automatically duck, in time to see a huge boulder fly over my head. I look around and see a muscular man "shot putting" boulders.
  2. As I approach, I notice there are two men; a skinny guy is picking up the boulders and under-handing them to the throwing man who is 5 feet away. I say, "you shouldn't be doing that on the beach. It is dangerous." The two men look at me and the skinny one picks up another boulder, tosses it to the muscleman, who then shotputs it far over my head. They are not going to stop, so my companion sits down to watch and I continue up the beach.
  3. I am outside a bank and I see a police car pull up and stop across the road. I go into the bank and find two other men, both strangers to me. They rob the bank and I try to tell them the police are just outside, but I can't get the words out. The robbery continues while I watch.
  4. We leave the bank and are confronted by a spewing of bullets from the police car, but I see no policemen. I yell "run". The two robbers are killed.
  5. I am in jail. I don't know how I got here. I am confused and scared. I try the cell door. It is locked. I call out but nobody answers. I can see the entire interior of the jail. The place is deserted!
  6. I wake up and spend the next few minutes trying to remember the dream

I bet a psychiatrist would have a field day with that. I am no psychiatrist, but even I can see a metaphor in there. I would seek out a psychiatrist but I don't really need one. I already know I am a bit odd. The dreams just proves it.

As Rodney Dangerfield joked, "I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said that was just ridiculous - I hadn't met everyone yet." or words to that effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment