counter

Monday 2 December 2013

Rub - a - dub - dub

Woke up, got out of bed and went right to the bosu ball. I am getting quite good at it and it gives me a great workout. Spent about a half hour bouncing around. No balance issues. In fact, I was feeling pretty good, all in all.

I had to be at the dermatologist's at 7:45 AM for my annual skin checkup and I thought I should bathe before he began investigating my skin with a magnifier.

And then "IT" happened.

I poured my bath, got a book and relaxed for twenty minutes, reading and soaking away all my worries and woe. I would have stayed submerged for longer, but it was time to get ready.

Now, I ask you, have you ever had one of those days when you know you can do something, should be able to do it, especially since you have done it a thousand times before, without effort, because it was so easy? Something so simple a toddler could do it, but you are having a problem. This was one of those days.

I couldn't get out of the bathtub!!

I went to get out, but my muscles had other ideas. My arms buckled as they strained against the edges of the tub and my legs were of no help at all. Three times I tried, and each time I slipped and fell back into the water. What to do? What to do?. Finally, after trying, and failing, to use the conventional method of exiting a bathtub, commonly referred to as "standing up", I turned onto my side and flipped one leg over the edge of the tub and into a position that sort of helped me fall out.

I got up off the floor, stood up and immediately, I almost fell backwards. Balance issues! There was some mysterious force pulling me down from behind. I was light-headed. I leaned forward on the counter, looked at myself in the mirror and muttered, "So this is what they were talking about!"

To cut to the quick, in a few minutes I grew steady and was ready to take on the morning. Still, I awoke my wife to drive me to the clinic. I was too uncertain and a little shaken by the episode to drive. It may never happen again, like the doctor said about the festination incident, but if it does, I will be prepared.

It's just one thing after another!!

By the way, I will bathe again and I was given a clean bill of health by the dermatologist. Also, if there is one lesson I took from this, it is that those of us over 65 should never look at ourselves in a mirror. You might notice, as I did, that your stomach has grown in spite of all the exercise. I have just got to stop eating and I will...possibly... right after I finish this peanut butter sandwich. Friday at the latest.

Statistics (page views) for last week

  1. United States 105
  2. Canada 47
  3. United Kingdom 39
  4. France 15
  5. Germany 6
  6. China 4
  7. Bulgaria 3
  8. Egypt 3
  9. Peru 3
  10. Russia 3

total hits 19,213

No comments:

Post a Comment