counter

Thursday 5 March 2015

Blow on Them Ram Horns, Joshua Cried

Of course we all remember the song "Joshua Fit the Battle of Jericho" when Joshua made "the walls come a tumbling down" by making noise when the "lamb ram sheep horns began to blow...etc."

It must have been very noisy!

God knows, I know that noise. It is the noise I make when my right foot drags itself along the ground when I am walking, even with trekking poles. Now I know that is a bit of an exaggeration, but I hear every dragstep. They echo in my brain and I wonder why people don't stare at me; afterall, I feel like a freak in the land where freaks and outcasts thrive. Maybe they don't hear the scraaaaapppeee, or maybe I can't match the freakiness of the guy in the Santa Clause suit or the crazy lady who shouts about relationships. Maybe I am not as loud as I think I am. Yes, maybe my scraping foot and trekking poles, although different, are not unique in the Freaks Catalogue. I have to accept my position as just an ordinary and somewhat paranoid freak with a hearing disorder.

I am leaving for my walk and I hope my dragging foot does not get too noisy. I wouldn't want any walls to come tumbling down.

No comments:

Post a Comment