counter

Saturday 21 March 2015

Sleeping is no mean art: for its sake one must stay awake all day. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Sleep, a little slice of death. How I wish I had more of it.

Dopadoc's list of the 10 non motor functions that might indicate PD, rates EDS (exessive daytime sleepiness) as the number one, non tremor, symptom that might indicate parkinson's.

As I wrote this, I was yawning and it is only 10:30AM. I have the flexibility to take an afternoon nap which I enjoy (yawn again), but they don't do much for my exhaustion or my RBD (Rem Behavior Disorder), that little annoying tick that seems to wake me up every night.

RBD is characterized by the acting out of dreams that are vivid, intense,and sometimes violent.

Watch Dopadoc's "campy" little video that does a great job of explaining these non-physical symptoms. It really is worth the time spent watching.

Ah sleep, at one time a nectar that cured the ills of the day is now just a mystery that other people talk about.

It is coming up to 3:30 AM the next day and I have had about 3 hours of sleep in the last 24 hours. Thank God for Netflix, the ipad and the nap I am hoping to have this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment