counter

Tuesday 3 March 2015

River running free, you know how I feel

I am averaging about 17,000 steps down here and I am feeling good. All of the symptoms of PD are caged by the drugs and a new dawn and a new day. Heat, and I mean real heat, seems to have a beneficial effect; and while I use my trekking poles to achieve some speed, I can take walks without them. With the poles, I am unable to pass even the slowest jogger but I pass walkers as if they are standing still.

I went to a basketball game, Miami Heat v. Phoenix Suns. The Heat won easily. My old friend who took me to the game appears to be in the early stages of PD. The question is, why both of us. Is it a coincidence that we spent 7 years together in a school that I once described as a "sick" school. Many of the teachers who taught with us ended up with problems, 4 died far too early, 2 were diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, one with a form of cancer (survived),one with Chronic Fatique and now 2 of us with PD.

Coincidence - Probably. But it gives you something to think about.

In the meantime,my old world is a new world and I am feeling good.

Stars when you shine
You know how I feel
Scent of the pine
You know how I feel
Oh freedom is mine
And I know how I feel
It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life

And I'm feeling good

Two hours later, I got a little cocky and had a fall. One scraped knee and one bruised hand.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, wpgchap, have just recently been referred to your blog and have enjoyed it very much (misery loves company, I suppose, to some extent). How come you never get any comments?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would certainly enjoy more comments, positive or negative. I guess people are shy.

    ReplyDelete