counter

Monday 16 March 2015

It's been a hard day's night (and day)

Dreams - The only dreams I have that I remember are very vivid and can be quite scary but at least they scare only one person - me. However, there is a corollary to that statement. My dreams only scare me until they become ultra-vivid.

I was watching TV prior to going to sleep and on the program a brutal interrogator got angry and sswept all of the pieces off a chess board. Well, in my dream I was that interrogator and my arm lashed out sweeping my radio onto the floor and the noise startled both me and my wife.

In the morning, when the topic arose, I detailed the circumstances surrounding my uncontrolled reason for tossing my radio across the room.

"I hope", she said, "That you don't dream about killing your wife!"

We laughed at that, but later, in the silence of my office, I began to fear that possibility. The dreams of PWP are so real...well, you know.

I am working too hard. One project had me working 20 hours over the past 3 days. Not so bad, you might say and I would agree, if it were not for the fact that I should be retired or at least making an attempt to keep my goal of a maximum of 7 work hours a week.

It is not that I get tired. I am way beyond tired by supper. I am totally wiped out, exhausted. When I work, I focus strictly on what I am doing and consequently, I forget to take my medication until my leg starts to wobble and by then, I am 12 hours late for my second of four doses for the day. The result is a rather boring blog entry that may or may not have unintended double strikes of a letter when my little finger takes on a life of its own.

I am getting tired of myself. Perhaps I should be someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment