counter

Saturday 30 January 2016

This just gets curiouser and curiouser

This is one weird disease ("condition" is a better word). We are not sick, not by a long shot. For me, five years in and everything is copasetic. Some times (not often, mind you) you see benefits in having PD. For me, it is the dreams. They are so real and usually benign. Sometimes they are dark, but I even enjoy them. Furthermore, they are good conversation starters.

I had a dream last night. I dreamt I was in the kitchen and my wife was making cookies. I could smell them (which, of course is not possible -PD has stolen my sense of smell. But there it was - a remembered smell). I was starving but had my hand slapped away when I reached for a big one. I persisted and voila eventually overcoming her objections she gave me the best of the batch. I put it in my mouth and started chewing but there was no taste- totally bland - I tried spitting it out but failed. I had to finish the entire cookie. I got anxious and, I woke up to find an end of my pillow wet with saliva. Apparently, I had been chewing on it. My pillow was my cookie!!! Now that was a weird one. What's next?

“Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to."
"I don't much care where –"
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go.”

No comments:

Post a Comment