counter

Saturday 23 January 2016

what do you get when you cross an insomniac, a willing agnostic and a PWP?

My PD racked body has its own sense of time and comes, free of charge, with its own alarm clock. No matter what time I go to bed or take a sleeping pill; no matter how tired I am, that damn virtual alarm clock wakes me up at 4AM, plus or minus a minute or so.

For the first 4 hours, I feel bouyant and industrious and am able to do all the work that needs to be done for the day, but then, absolute, mind numbing exhaustion sweeps in and holds me hostage until around 1PM when it suddenly abdicates. My enthusiasm for life has been drained out of me, leaving only a need for a nap. At this time, I pull out my secret weapon - television. It usually puts me to sleep. I start to watch TV around 1:30 and then, in the words of Yogi Berra,"I usually take a 2 hour nap from one to four".

I think Yogi must have meant that from one to four he has intermittent naps. That's what I do. Catnaps! I start watching the idiot box, spend about 50% of the program sleeping and, luckily or perhaps, sadly, I never lose track of the plot.

Television - the great equalizer and mechanical barbiturate. It's not all bad however, for a few hours, I do feel refreshed after napping, only to encounter exhaustion again at around 8pm. I tell you, with respect to feeling alive and cognizant, PD is not a benign condition.

Enough whining. I offer you a challenge. What is the answer to the opening riddle? Think about it. The answer is quite apparent, but don't lose any sleep over it.

2 comments:

  1. a sleepy parkie heathen????

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get a Doug crossing the river Jordan.

    ReplyDelete