counter

Wednesday 20 April 2016

"Roll over, Roll over. So they all rolled over and one fell out....."

Today's Report

  1. I get my stitches out tomorrow (I had surgery to remove a basil cell carcinoma) and I am sure that by next week, I shall be back to the treadmill and lifting weights. To bide the time, I have used my stationary bike and have taken long walks. It will be nice to get back to sweating; that's when the real "healing" will restart..
  2. I met with my speech therapist. I took the course, LSVT LOUD, in 2011 but I didn't take it seriously. The therapist who is training me was receptive to me retaking the 16 sessions involved. I was very thankful that she didn't tell me to get lost after ignoring her teachings the last time. One problem though; I have to go back to the doctor to get my vocal cords checked. You remember, that is when the doctor just puts this snake-like thing "up your nose, down to your vocal cords. I must admit, it wasn't all that bad the last time but I still can't say I am looking forward to that violation. It's all for the better, I am told, usually by people who have never had to have the procedure!

It's just another of the little joys of PD. Let's admit it, we have to play the cards we've been dealt and live the life we have been given, with grace, warts and all.

Screw that! Screw PD. Screw grace. I intend to do everything I can when playing my cards, including cheating. It is all part of my jihad against PD. Speech therapy is just the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment