counter

Saturday 4 June 2016

Sadly, The King has left the planet

Muhammad Ali's defunct!
Who used to clock the very best
With onetwothreefourfive uppercuts
Just like that
Jesus, he was an interesting man
And what we all want to know is
How do you like your bright-eyed boy
Mister Death?

Ali was probably the greatest heavy weight champion of all time and he died yesterday "After a long battle with Parkinson' Disease". Think of that phrase. Is it not unlike "He died after a long battle with ebola"? The phrase itself hints, strongly, in my opinion, that the disease mentioned won the long battle and killed the victim.

Fear not members of the shaking palsy tribe. At times PD might make you wish you were dead, but the fact is, PD is not a killer. PD will not kill you. Ali probably died from some other disease that might have been complicated by PD

Ali lived with PD for a long time. He was diagnosed in 1984 and doctors will no doubt attribute his dark passenger to the hits he took to his head during his boxing careers.

The last time I saw Ali (on TV), he was shadow of himself, confined to a wheel chair. It was sad to see the formerly trash talking, opponent taunting champion looking weak and sick.

Perhaps we are seeing ourselves in the future? I choose not to do so. I choose to fight until I lose and since Ali had a couple of decades in which he could still be independent (same with MJF) that will be my goal.

In any event, I am certain a cure will be discovered before I die.

Round One - Let's rumble!

my apologies to e.e. cummings(title)

No comments:

Post a Comment