counter

Monday 3 October 2016

Reasonableness! Who needs it.

George B. Shaw made the observation that a reasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. The unreasonable man tries to adapt himself to the world' therefor, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

What's that got to do with the price of tea in China?

Just this....can't you see the analogy? PD is the world. Maybe "adapt" is not the right word but don't a bunch of us just let the disease take charge? Wrong strategy. Probably correct if you view PD as the disease that will eventually take away all your control over your ability of movement. I just don't think that way.

I know, I know, I know. At this time, that is precisely what our futures hold; but I prefer to adapt myself to the disease. Try it. Take your meds. Eat beneficial foods. Try to avoid stress (or perhaps more to the point, avoid "distress"), forget about natural remedies (I've tried them. They don't work (see footnote 1)) and exercise, exercise, exercise! Anything to slow down our dark passenger until a brilliant scientist geek solves our problem. Have our futures been predetermined? Nonsense. Use all your weapons. Your future depends on your "unreasonableness".

Let your motto be....... "Parkinson's is just a word, not a sentence." (2)

Footnotes

  1. . Mucuna puriens, is a natural herb that does produce L-dopa, but the meds are better, much better!
  2. Not an original. Somebody said it before me but in reference to "Cancer". I just borrowed it.
I tend to do that.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete