counter

Thursday 27 October 2016

Up the snakes and down the ladders

My life is turning upside down.  I've got PD and my wife  had cancer (her operation was a success).  The problem is, our family has always been lucky.  Somebody once described us by saying, "You guys could fall in a bucket of shit and come out smelling like roses".  I can handle the PD and I expect in 5 years time, significant progress will be made in all brain disorders.  Therefore, my condition has never really bothered me, once I came to terms with it; but, when my wife came home from the doctor and announced, "It is not good news", I felt the earth shudder.  But even that has not dampened my optimism for either of us.  Our future's so bright, we have to wear shades (to quote somebody).

Now, if only I can find a bucket of shit.

1 comment: