counter

Sunday 23 October 2016

Viewing a movie is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.

Okay.  Vivid Dream #5 or so, subtitled "My friend the switch dodger"

My fiend, who shall be referred to as "B" herein, got a job, post-retirement, teaching students in a dark cave (subconscious Plato maybe).  I was jealous of B's initiative and wanted in.  At first he was ready to accommodate me but when I told him I wanted the students to turn their desks around so they could see the movie playing at the front of the cave, he became resistant.

"School is no place for movies!  Their desks will remain as is and if you don't like it, shove off"

Such language!  I was determined to impose my advanced methodology on him and have the students reverse their desks in order to see the light cast by the movie projector.  There was no movie currently playing but the projector's light would give the young people a different experience.  I decided to violently force B to change his philosophy and so I sought out my father's military, ceremonial sword   and went on the hunt.

Unfortunately, B's body guards, two young women, one an experienced poisoner, the other an experienced swordsman using a straight blade sword and one of those curved weapons like you see on TV, had learned of my plan.  They were waiting for me at the mouth of the cave.  Just as I glanced into the dark, only to see the class looking in the wrong direction, B's body guards jumped me and surrounded me (B had joined in the fight but was only using a library card & and erlenmeyer flask).  A terrible fight ensued but I was holding my own.  My sword blocked every attempt they made.  I parried viciously and accurately but I did no damage and I was getting tired.  My arms began to flail in all directions.  With one last roar, I put all my energy into one last parry only to....

"Wake up.  Wake up.  You are having a dream."  My wife said and repeated, "It's only a dream."

"I was sword fighting," I explained.

"Oh, that explains the noises and the flashing of arms.  Go back to sleep."

As I lay back down, unsuccessfully trying to recapture and restart the dream, I had to admit to myself I had failed.  For all I know, those students still have not seen the light, doomed as they are, to face the darkness of the cave for eternity.

Stand by for a sequel. These parkie dreams are unpredictable.


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete