counter

Sunday 3 December 2017

For the race of my head and my face is moving much faster

My PD is progressing; after 7 years that comes as no surprise. Physically, I am probably in better shape than I think I am. I keep testing myself, my balance, to be precise. Every morning my balance both physically and mentally varies, but for the most part, I am OK. Last week, I had a few problems but today, I did 15 pushups on an inverted bosu ball.

So, what is going on in my head? Is the dopamine leaching out of my brain? More likely, less and less is being produced. I am so stiff in the morning, I have trouble getting out of bed, but still, I believe my attitude is positive. What is the alternative, to go negative and give in to the devil? That, my friends, is not an option. No, every new day brings new determination and illumination.

I shall live until I die.

On the upside, I apparently do not look my age, still. Starting from my first year in college, people would be aghast at my youthful visage. I had to show my ID when going into pubs, etc, 90% of the time. Now, when I look in the mirror, I see an old follically-challenged stranger haunting the glass. There is nobody else in the room, so the stranger must be me.

Just a couple of days ago, a fellow boxer said, "You sure don't look 70. I never would have guessed."

I appreciated the remark.

"Appreciated"...... Hell, I loved the compliment. May I remain faux young until I have one foot on the platform; the other foot on the train. You know, that metaphorical train that will take me on my journey to the other side. Until that day, I shall use all of my weapons to keep the devil away. I shall delight in boxing, gi gong and regular exercise while waiting patiently for that elusive cure which waits for us out there.

Colour me confident.

No comments:

Post a Comment