counter

Sunday 25 August 2013

Land of the Rising Sun(day)

I had a somewhat "iffy" day yesterday (Saturday). I was a little off balance and had difficulty rising from the couch. It wasn't terrible - I didn't come close to falling, but it is a foreshadowing of things to come. I think slowness and mid-afternoon exhaustion, are the symptoms that affect me the most. Other symptoms seem, oddly, to come and go; for instance, my balance is no problem today. My right hand tremor does make an appearance periodically but it only embarrasses me. I find it annoying.

I had a lot of work to do this past week and the stress allowed the tremor to free itself from the drugs. To escape the rigors of work and to have some quiet time to enjoy my granddaughter, I went to the cottage on Friday. Just so I wouldn't get too far behind, I took along two files, only to find that one of them was empty. That was a minor upset compared to later that day when my beloved Blue Bombers played their way to their 6th straight loss. Their record is now one win and 7 losses and I can't see them winning again this season because, well...the team stinks! Anyway, that loss was enough stress to cause my tremor to reappear (I think Goldilocks and the 3 bears would be enough stress to cause the tremor to reappear). I used Michael J's strategy and kept my right hand hidden in my pocket when in public. Of course, this imbalance only increased my balance problems so I went to bed early. I awoke refreshed and ready to run. It was 4:30AM and the temperature was already 24C. I did my stretching routine and left the cottage at 5:15 and took the picture below at about 5:45. Now you know why I like to exercise at the break of dawn and why I am so relaxed and symptom free when I am finished.

Winnipeg Beach on a hot August morning

"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature." (Anne Frank)

Stats for the last week - the total is now 16,005 page views.

  • Canada 84
  • United States 50
  • Russia 23
  • United Kingdom 16
  • France 6
  • Australia 2
  • Netherlands 2
  • Poland 2

No comments:

Post a Comment