counter

Monday 29 June 2015

Here's to the Beach Boys

,

I heal very quickly. All that remains of my once tattered face is one large, but rapidly diminishing, scab on my left cheek bone. The right side is completely normal again. What happened? Why do I heal quickly?

I don't rate "healing" as a science; rather, I am certain that the body's power of self healing is boosted by the patient's outlook on life and life's situations. I suffer from Parkinson's. So what? We all have problems. I don't let it get me down and I remain dramatically optimistic.

I'm picking up good vibrations,
life's given me excitations.
Good, good, good, good vibrations etc, etc
(with apologies to Mike Love)

Now that's drama! But really, if you are a part of the tribe, it is necessary that you maintain an optimistic outlook. Think - "I can slow the progression with good thoughts" or " I believe that a cure is not far off". Things like that. Good stuff will follow.

Oh yea. Exercise too. You might fall and get cut up, but get on your feet and run/walk again. This time (it has happened to me 3 times. You'd think I would learn.) I finally got to say "You should see the other guy" when I caught a fellow staring. Felt good. Like making a silk purse out of a sow's ear, as they say.

Close my eyes, it's somehow closer now
Softly smile, I know a cure is there
I feel the noise of those excitations
On the wind that lifts my future through the air.

Good, good, good, good vibrations
Etc...etc...etc

No comments:

Post a Comment