counter

Sunday 26 May 2019

Shoe & Ships & ...

“Who is more to be pitied, a writer bound and gagged by policemen or one living in perfect freedom who has nothing more to say?”

I am getting impatient! First I have not been cured (come on, get with it. You are very close.) and second, except for a few poems, I have had writer's block for several weeks.

when I was a teacher, I remember three signs I had hung on my classroom wall. You know, for inspiration. I can't remember who the authors were and I am too stressed to look for them but they know who they are and these are (close to) their words, not mine.

  1. Leap! The net will be there.
  2. Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You have to set yourself on fire; and lastly,
  3. If you hear a voice saying "You are not a painter"; then paint, boy, paint and that voice will be silenced.

Now I am trying to inspire myself and have concluded that those signs lead to the truism that, when faced with a blank page, start writing and you will find your purpose as you continue to write.

Hence this catharsis.

I am into my 9th PD year and except for the fact I can't smell anything at all, a slight shuffle and the odd loss of balance, I feel perfectly normal. Why is that? You may ask.

Who knows?

The authorities have concluded that exercise is most beneficial to the process of slowing the advancement of PD. I agree. In fact, if you have been following this blog, you will know that I have have been obsessed with this concept for many years and you know what? I have hated every run, every weight lift, and yada....

I have fought my resentment and because of a touch of OCD I only slowed down when I could no longer physically be successful.

Then I discovered Rock Steady Boxing and I have a session tomorrow. I enjoy every minute, probably due to the atmosphere created by an enthusiastic and knowledgeable coach. She makes an hour's exercise pass quickly and I look forward to every session 3X weekly.

On to a different topic altogether, just so I have a record of the event. My entire adult family got a tattoo, the significance of which is our secret. It was my first tattoo and I was surprised it was so easy and painless. The only thing that I didn't expect was the artist telling me, "I don't do many septuagenarians. God, it's true. I am in that club now. Oh my God...a septuagenarian!

I had to look up the spelling of that word!

No comments:

Post a Comment