counter

Thursday 27 June 2019

A laugh a day can help keep PD.....

People with Parkinson's can get so severely depressed that they want to kill themselves but fortunately, apathy is another key feature of the disease so.... they just can't be f@#%ing bothered!!

Humor at the expense of parkies. I love it; just as I love jokes about Canadians and lawyers. What if there were a joke about a Canadian lawyer with PD, such as:

He watched the two men, one with what appeared to be a small briefcase, deplane and shuffle across the tarmac.
"Is it him?" The rich lady asked anxiously. "Does his right-hand shake uncontrollably?"
"Yes"
"And has he brought an Uzi to kill me?"
The two men were easily visible. A big man, talking on a cell phone, bumped viciously into briefcase man.
"I am so terribly sorry," Briefcase man said to the bumper who openly slipped him the bird.
"Do you see any weapons at all?" the rich lady asked
"No ma'am. It is worse than that. He appears to have brought his Canadian lawyer.

All right, all right, so it isn't very funny, but you can see my attitude. Some of my symptoms make me laugh. Check it out.

  • Why can't I smell anything? Not even a dirty diaper and yet I would need oxygen to change the baby?
  • When I am standing up and I instruct my brain to make me jump, I can't get off the ground but I can skip rope easily?
  • Why has my voice all but disappeared? It leads to humorous situations since my wife is hard of hearing

Laughter makes living with PD easier and have you noticed tremors stop when you have a good belly-laugh and don't reappear until some time later.

It's all part of being positive which, along with exercise, will slow the rate of advancement of PD.

Trust me. It's all good. I am about to enter my 10th year.

No comments:

Post a Comment