counter

Thursday 4 July 2019

Sorry. That's just not possible.

It's true! I can't make this stuff up. I'm the star of this story and I wouldn't lie. Sometimes, I might embellish the truth; not often, but sometimes. But not this time. You may think that I sound ridiculous and I would have to agree with that perceived notion, except that the following is the absolute truth.

I can't jump, but I can skip rope.

Do you understand what I am saying? If I stand still and try to hop into the air.......Nothing. My brain is telling my body to jump up, even just a few millimeters, but I remain glued to the ground. There just doesn't seem to be a connection between my brain and whatever muscles I would use if I could jump. It is an odd but somewhat frightening feeling. I can no longer jump! But wait!

I can skip rope.

This is not a joke. If I use a skipping rope in my exercise regime, I am quite successful in jumping. It's true that I usually max out at 20 jumps but hey, that's 20 more than anyone else I know who is at, or near, my age. And the jump is a double jump as the rope passes over my body. (It is a great exercise by the way).

I am baffled. I have no explanation for why I can't jump but I can skip rope. If you have one, I would appreciate hearing it.



No comments:

Post a Comment