counter

Monday 14 October 2019

For those in high places

I am grateful to all who turned out for the funeral during a blizzard - about 80 of you, but I would like to mention a few and why they are special to me:
  • Gale M- a very special close friend who is nothing, if not absolutely loyal. Through happy times (water pistol fights) to sad times (onset of PD and, obviously today), she has always been the best.
  • Cindy and Wayne in spirit. Wayne died last October. We knew each other for 56 years and were the best of friends. From a '57 Chevy, through "Mert & Toads" we managed to survive to become a teacher/principal (Wayne) and teacher/lawyer/teacher (your scribe). Cindy was Wayne's wife and good friend also, with a slightly Texas accent (my American "cousin")
  • Dr. Craig- a former grade 8 student of mine who went on to become a top psychiatrist and did wonderful things for an associate of mine.
  • These people who supported Sharron through the tough times and were the reason Sharron maintained a state of Grace until leaving us (if I miss some from RCC and Cross-fit forgive me): Marsha Katz & Jane Daniels - two selfless, caring people, Patricia Hadad, Gerri Weigle, Bev Bristow, Chrystal, Linda Keiback
  • Gayle and Ken Pember and family - I hope you found some comfort in my eulogy
  • From Mississauga, my sister and her husband & From Vancouver, my brother and his wife. We relive old memories every time we meet.

Saying "goodbye" troubles in my heart and my sanity so I will just say "jusqu'à ce que nous nous revoyions" (till we meet again).

VADE AD DEUM

No comments:

Post a Comment