counter

Wednesday 12 May 2021

STEPPING BACK IN TIME

I am doing fine;  slightly off balance every so often, a few falls but nothing too serious. Things seem to be stable 11 years after diagnosis (and about 3 years before diagnosis) so I thought I would revisit the past when I was less accepting of my dark shadow.


TUESDAY, 30 AUGUST 2011

Karate Duck

People have told me they are worried about getting parkinson's. Don't be. In Canada, your chances of being a victim of this disease are less than 0.3%, slightly better than your chances of being kicked to death by a duck.






However, your chances of being a victim of PD increase if:

1. you have red hair
2. you are male
3. you are >60
4. you are Amish (in which case, you are probably not reading this)
5. you have a close relative with PD
6. you have suffered a head trauma at some point(s) in your life
7. you are caucasian
8. you are a junkie

There are many other weird and wild statistics, but still, I wouldn't worry about PD - unless your hand is doing a 2-step. Then, go see a doctor.

By the way, if you are a black haired, drinker and smoker, your chances of being a victim are reduced; but, then you have to worry about these little beauties: cirrhosis, emphysema and lung cancer.

Take the advice of Alfred E. Neuman..."What, me worry?"

No comments:

Post a Comment