counter

Friday 2 July 2021

“I was sad because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet. So I said, "Got any shoes you’re not using?” ― Steven Wright

People keep telling me "your feet are swollen".  That's stating the obvious.   My feet arehuge by the end of the day,  as are my lower legs.  My belly has taken a hit too, with a deflated inner tube made up of some bodily stuff having taken up residence in my lower abdomen.

I hate having such excess baggage.  According to Elaine Benes, the male body is "hideous" and, believe me. carrying around human flubber does not enhance its beauty.  It has become my bouncy albatross. 

What's happening to me!

Blood tests ruled out anything serious.  What then???

Drugs!

Mirapex and zopiclone are the likely bad guys.  Both are drugs used to treat the symptoms of PD.

I decided last night to cut down to one half of a 7.5 zopiclone tablet and got a decent sleep so that bad guy is on its way out.  I will check with my doc with the correct weaning off strategy.

As for the mirapex......who knows?  Maybe I will just have to tighten my belt and wear compression socks.



mine are not as bad but they are gettin' there

No comments:

Post a Comment