counter

Thursday 28 October 2021

How goes the battle?

 Take it from me:

There are two signs of PD that arise (in most cases), well before your physical problems, that should be mentioned to your doctor as possible precursors to a diagnosis of PD:

                1.  Loss of sense of smell.   It gets to the point that you could be knee-deep in manure and you     cannot smell anything.  Diddly squat, nothing, rien!  Advantageous - yes but not when you stand near or, if you've a mind to, in a pile of shit.  Not so good if there is a gas leak.

                  2.  Disappearing handwriting.  I was helping my son study for an exam by making study notes on recipe cards.  My writing hand would tighten up and the letters would get smaller and more illegible, like old man's handwriting.  Cashing a cheque and having it honoured, becomes hit and miss with the unavoidable change in your written signature as time goes by.  I can no longer write.


No comments:

Post a Comment