counter

Tuesday 16 July 2013

"In a clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade..."

I am a pugilist, in the ring with parkinson's. Exercise is in my corner but it is trying to convince me to throw in the towel. I want to yell, NO MAS, but, I don't. I keep on slugging away. I run and walk and lift weights and stretch; all in the belief that exercise will slow down PD until some genius can give me a technique to deliver the knock out punch. Until then, I know I won't defeat PD by exercising; but, maybe I can knock it to the mat every so often. However, the fact remains, for now the disease keeps on getting up before the count reaches 10 and is just going to continue to pummel me. I am pretty much defenceless.

It's like I am shadow boxing and the shadow keeps winning.

Even the great Ali, was beaten by PD.

No comments:

Post a Comment