counter

Monday 16 September 2013

When Birnam Wood comes to Dunsinane

I spent 3 days at the cottage, mostly sleeping and reading; went for my usual walk each day - in the dark. At the end of my walk, I habitually pick up the morning newspapers at the corner store. Today was no different. The clerk asked me "Did you go for your usual walk?"

"Yes"

"It is so dark now and so cold"

"Yes, but it doesn't bother me. I do it on the coldest days of January." (Ever the macho man)

"In the city?"

"Yes"

Arn't you scared?"

I had to chuckle. Why do rural people think the city is a dangerous place? I have never been scared - nervous once - but that was a result of my own biases.

It is the same thing with my undesirable partnership with PD. Granted, it is a formidable foe but I am not scared, just a little nervous. There are sites that predict a dire future, but there are PWP who have put up with the disease for a couple of decades and are still leading productive lives and I choose to think positively and can even envision a cure. But in the back of my mind I can sense the forest trees starting to move toward me.

Forget it pal. This is not Dunsinane and I refuse to suffer any thing near the fate of Macbeth! Onward and Upward ....... I think.

1 comment:

  1. Are you at Victoria Beach....and, if so, do the Ateah's (sp?) still run the shop etc.?
    I live very near Birnam Wood and Dunsinane....

    ReplyDelete