counter

Thursday 16 April 2015

DOMANI

I read in the newspaper that dogs being transported in airplanes have more space than the human cargo in the seats above them. There are rules to ensure the safety and comfort of dogs while humans have to endure a flight cramped in a total lack of comfort with no, or little thought to the fact that exiting a plane in an emergency would be a nightmare.

Well, for a PWP, even premium economy does not offer enough leg room. I am ranting about this because I am about to cross the ocean by air for the first time (I have been there by ship twice) and even on short flights, for example from my city to Minneapolis, a tad over one hour away, it is hard on me. I get quite stiff and my bum hurts to high heaven. And don't get me going on about airplane toilets and having to line up to use them. I get dizzy just thinking about it.

O.K., I've got that off my chest so on to today's topic, "Domani", that mysterious "tomorrow". I have decided not to worry about tomorrow and live my life to the maximum today. Still, I keep hoping for a breakthrough in the quest for a cure for PD. and headlines and stories can still get me excited, such as


BREAKTHROUGH IN STEM CELL RESEARCH IN PARKINSON'S
"Now, a breakthrough study from Lund University in Sweden shows it is possible to get human embryonic stem cells to produce a new generation of dopamine cells that behave like native dopamine cells when transplanted into the brains of rats".

The trouble is, this method and others work well on rats but a human can't get at it until it has been tested to death. I am lucky (here the blogger touches wood)because PD is taking its time devouring me. But I still hope that tomorrow will be the day that......ah forget it, forget about tomorrow. Tomorrow never comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment