counter

Tuesday 2 August 2016

The Last Post less one

Not that "last post", I mean the entry before the last entry in which Michael asked, You have commented on this before. Does it come and go for you? Does sinemet or the other drugs seem to have any impact on ability to speak, think, or voice for you?

I will expand on my emailed answer to him.

As designer disease, nobody can predict the future of PD (other than the eventual outcome) Symptoms do seem to come and go. For Example, prior to taking drugs I suffered some of the following symptoms of PD.

  • the first one was a gradual complete loss of smell. It is never going to return.
  • Next, for a period of 3 weeks, I could not swallow anything but soup and soggy, crustless bread and that problem has not returned.
  • I moaned aloud when set upon by a vicious cramp in my leg. It returns periodically, but not with the same intensity.
  • I drooled as my mouth worked overtime to produce saliva. Haven't seen it since taking drugs.
  • A face with no emotions which didn't last long, again cured by the drugs
  • Vivid dreams - so far I haven't lashed out and hope not to. The dreams are still with me.
  • Sleep deprivation and momentary hallucinations brought on by that deprivation. I no longer see things.
  • And let's not forget the mother of them all - tremors.

Now I have developed, and keep on developing a speech impediment and I doubt it will leave me. The drugs I take are amantadine, mirapex and L-dopa The drugs are beneficial, in that they hide the symptoms and gave me back my life. They have no negative effect on my thinking just on getting my thoughts out of my mouth. That and the loss of smell are the only serious side effects.

We won't mention the loss of libido.

No comments:

Post a Comment