counter

Sunday 7 August 2016

Turn Around Jump Start

I played, and later coached, basketball. I was Ok – about 6 on a scale of 10. I remember one glory game played against the army apprentices when I couldn’t miss. I got 12 baskets where normally, I would get 5 or less. Even in my early 60’s, I could play. Just prior to diagnosis, I tried a layup and could hardly get off the ground. I was bewildered. I knew as I grew older, I would have to slow down; that’s nature, but to this degree! Anyway in this, my final game, I was content to pass the ball. The one shot I took hit the rim and bounced off to the opposing team. I was later to discover I had PD and staying on the ground was my future.

With apologies to Paul Simon, I have memorialized the day I learned that PwP can’t jump.

Took a turn-around rim shot
PD had a head-start
I couldn't make the jump chart
Jump balls are magical and magical is heart
But I am rooted to the ground floor
With no games left to start

Pageviews for the past 7 days

  • United States 151
  • Canada 143
  • Unite Kingdom 26
  • Russia
  • Vietnam 9
  • France 3
  • China 2
  • India 2
  • Costa Rica 2
  • Czech Republic 1
p

To date: 55,037 pageviews. Thank you. Please keep reading

No comments:

Post a Comment