counter

Saturday 22 February 2014

Victory is mine thus sayeth the blogger

I made it! 3.5 miles without incident. Today I will repeat and every day until we leave. There is no doubt in my mind that exercise and heat (25-29C) quell the symptoms of PD. I shudder at the fact I will be returning in 2 weeks to temperatures that hover around zero. I hate the idea that I shall be hit by Parkinson's / Raynaud's once again. However, such is my life so I will enjoy the heat while it lasts and the respite from my tremor that accompanies the inevitable sunburn.

Sunburn: evolution's way of telling us to stay inside. I must not be highly evolved. I know I burn but I always fail to use sunblock and end with the sheen of a tomato. It has turned to a tan now. I am the George Hamilton IV of the parkinson's tribe.

But, I am symptom free and feeling good. To quote Yogi, "It ain't the heat; it's the humility."

No comments:

Post a Comment