counter

Sunday 12 December 2021

Thinking can be dangerous

I seem to have met numerous victims of PD, some in better shape than I, others in worse.  The problem is I am starting to think I belong with the worse side.  I snap out of it by thinking positively.  

Negative thoughts are very rude, popping in, as they do, in my moments of  halcyon daydreaming.

Remember the 60's ballad....."What a day for a daydream; custom made for daydreaming boy".  That's me.  I can get lost in a daydream so I find it offensive when negative thoughts try to invade my space.  What to do?  What to do?

Well, the author, Stephen Richards, wrote, "It is not alway possible to do away with negative thinking, but with persistence and practice, one can gain mastery over them so that they do not take the upper hand:           

You have to declare war on your negativity!  If you recognize a negative thought, banish it with a positive one.   Using an athletics approach, park it.  Go to a nearby object, put one hand on the object, and say aloud to the object "I am parking this negativity on you, I have no use for it."

Hokey right? Yes, but if you immediately think positively, you have taken your first step for freedom.

Works for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment