counter

Monday 12 December 2016

Et non sinebat ut carborundum illegitimi

PD has made a few forays into my space and I am slightly nervous.

In the past few days, I have encountered:

  • trouble swallowing - could be a nuisance; but hey, at this time of year that could be a bonus. I eat less and lose weight.  Now, if it weren't for eggnog,  I would make a plan to get me back to the thin me.
  • balance problems - when I turn corners, I can feel the loss of balance and at times,  I have to grab onto the nearest person or piece of furniture.  It is not bad now, but it is an omen.
  • lack of arm swing.  I was walking to my granddaughter's school to pick her up when I noticed my left arm was kind of hanging by my side.  I corrected it, but it took me by surprise.

These conditions account for any melancholy you might detect in this entry and if the first two hadn't been present in 2011, I would be upset; but they did take place early on in my diagnosis and then disappeared until now so I am still upbeat where they are concerned.

On the upside (I am reaching here) lack of arm swing is not particularly disturbing as it is usually one of the initial symptoms doctors use to diagnose PD. I am content to label the lack of arm swing as an indication that I have not gone to far into the clutches of our pernicious bastard (lack of arm swing = early parkinson's).

Sure. Right!

footnote -this is supposedly the correct latin for "don't let the bastards grind you down.

- 30 -
-

No comments:

Post a Comment