counter

Monday 26 December 2016

The changing times

Just a short note. Today, I am having a good day. Christmas was fabulous. Boxing Day is for doing nada. My kind of day. A little quieter than Christmas morning for sure when, as a present,I bought each of the grandchildren a nerf shotgun and eye protection goggles. The children's ages are 2k, 5d, 8m, and 10n. (the numeral is the child's age; the letter is ID). The boys immediately started a war, with a touch of bedlam thrown in, and all of which included 2K. It didn't matter to any of them that 2k didn't have clue what was happening. He got into it, running and helping create chaos. He held his gun upside down, with the barrels pointed toward his own body. The other boys, 8m and 10n, tenderly pretended being shot by 2n all done with laughter, loud laughter. More noise, more laughter. Of course, because it was a war, there was collateral damage. One of the adults, took a projectile to the chest. In spite of the shooting and yelling, the war ended peacefully. It was time to go home, to bed for a nap probably, having been awake since around 3:30 AM or so, waiting to see if Santa had made his annual visit. He had. Alls well that ends well.

Oh, and by the way, the little girl, 5d, tried in vain to be a shooter with the boys. She lacked the "play-in-the mud" attitude of the opposite sex. About 2 minutes into the rumble, she put down her weapon and announced she was going to look at her clothes again (that ol' Venus - Mars thing).

I was happy Xmas morning even though my acquaintance with balance issues was omnipresent, I am happy today because of my balance issues -ie - I have none. Figure that one out.Other symptoms were at large too, but that is another entry

No PD insights today, it is just that my life is passing too quickly, that every so often I have to document my good days and ignore the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment