counter

Thursday 15 December 2016

Something's happening here? What it is, ain't exactly clear.

Have you ever had one of those days? Weeks? You know them; where you feel like being in a basket ball game and the ref yells :strike three, yer out. Do ye ken what I mean? Do you grok me? Feel me?

It is pure frustration. A philosophical conundrum akin to "what is the sound of one hand clapping?"

I don't see my neuro too often, haven't had to, my PD is (was?) progressing slowly. About 3 months ago he examined me and during the conversation he remarked "We are at maximum dosage for mirapex and we are pretty near it in Amantadine." He then handed me the prescription, which I folded and put in pocket. On the way home, I stopped in at the Pharmacy and registered the prescription for use when the current prescription ran out.

I had not even looked at the contents of the new prescription.

Imagine my surprise when I received 2 bottles of pills, L-dopa and amantadine - but not mirapex. I requested of the pharmacist to call my doctor and see if his prescription was correct and see of I could get mirapex. No response. I will call him tomorrow and keep you posted.

The problem stems from misunderstanding. When the doc spoke of maximum dosage for Mirapix, I thought he was speaking about "daily dosage". Apparently I was mistaken. We'll see. In the meantime(1) doctors be clearer in your speech; (2)patients don't be morons, read the prescription before you leave the office and then, if necessary, ask questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment