counter

Thursday 8 December 2016

Parkie Virtual Reality Dreams.

As you know, PWP are subject to strange dreams that feel real.

Very real!

There are actual times when I think my dreams and reality are one and the same. Here is scenario from last summer. I say "scenario" because I am still not sure I was dreaming or if I really did do the deed.

Summer is hot here my town and the heat can bring out all kinds if weird looking insects that haunt the grass. One pass with a lawn mower and I can be shrouded in mosquitos. In my dream/reality, I am mowing the lawn. I see slight movement under the oak tree. I think it is tissue moving in a breeze. As I get closer, I realize it is something alive. The best I can describe it is, a white opaque, sausage-like object about a half three inches long, and two in height, pliable, with the shape of a small cube inside at either end of the white sausage. Both ends are moving. Each cube is twitching independently. It is in my way, so I push the mower over it, thinking I can puree the thing but, when I look back, it is untouched but the twitching is more pronounced. Some force makes me run over it a second time. I push hard as I pass over it. I look back and I can see raw meat on the top of the front cube. I had cut the front cube open and now it was no longer moving. I must have killed it. I continue cutting the grass and when I reach the spot where the thing was supposed to be, it is gone! Disappeared. With a shrug, I continue my task. After some thought, I decide it must have something to do with the rabbits that run wild in our neighbourhood. Maybe a parent rabbit pulled it under the house. I keep on cutting, my spirit growing weary with a touch of melancholy. I don't do things like that. I don't kill things. Sure, I squash mosquitos but that's their fault. I'm not into death. I certainly don't go around killing cubes.

I had a quantifiable dosage of guilt for a day or two and confessed to my wife. Her response was an undramatic. "Just a dream."

Eureka!

Of course it was.

Just a real life, virtual reality, 3d-PD dream!

Why not?

I know it sounds crazy but I think it might have been real. I satisfy that little dream daemon with the impertinent thought it had all been a nightmare.

The trouble is, Freud said dreams are only real when they are really crazy (or something like that). My "dream" was crazy. Does that make it real?

Or does it just make me crazy????

No comments:

Post a Comment