counter

Monday 18 August 2014

I wish to write something sensible, but I know not how

God, could I be any stupider? Listen PWP make sure you don't mix your medicine with alcohol if you don't know what will be the result of the mixture. I know that! I have written about it earlier. Alcohol and amantadine just fit so nicely, they can form a cabal against you and take your struggle with PD to another, different level.

We all know that PD can wreak havoc with your circadian rhythm (if you are lucky enough to have one). That's why some posters to forums are posting in the wee hours of the morning. Well, mixing booze and amantadine can destroy sleep entirely. Hopefully not for long.

With the help of zopoclone, I get fairly decent sleeps; although, my usual wake up time is around 4:30. For the 5 or 6 hours before arising, a nuclear bomb could not wake me. I was going along very well..until..my brother and his wife came to visit and treated us to a classy dinner. I always enjoy being wih them and the laughter coming from our table always adds to the evening. My brother and I seem to always get into an Oliver and Hardy game and he usually wins. This time he talked me into a champagne/gin combo along with a few glasses of white wine. My wife and I got home, got into bed and started a mini netflix marathon during which I was into and out of consciousness, I was so tired. It came time to hit the hay but wait....I had to take my medication, amantadine being one of them. Within 15 minutes, I went from exhaustion to hyper activity and, it lasted all night. I got not one second of sleep and finally gave up trying at 4AM when I went to my office. Even 15mg of zopoclone didn't help and as I type this, at 4pm the next day, I am still wide awake.

How could I have been so stupid. I did what I preach PWP should not do. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

I never let common sense and knowledge get in the way of my stupidity.

In the immortal words of Frank Zappa, “There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

It is now 5PM and I am a little sleepy. There is always that four-letter word .... hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment