counter

Friday 22 August 2014

This, That, and the Other Thing

I saw the neurologist a couple of days ago. My only real complaint was stiffness. He prescribed"Apo-levocarb", which is Canadian speak for "levodopa-carbidopa" Elsewhere in the world it is "Sinemet". At least I think that is correct. I have been taking the medication for the past three days with no noticible change. I guess I have to let it build up. All in all, I haven't progressed very far along the deterioration trail since our last visit. Doctor says I am still looking good. At least I think that is what he said. He is a bit of a low-talker, like me.

There are ghosts in my house. I have been getting those annoying, fortunately fleeting, hallucinations out of the corner of my eye. They are more of a "feeling" thing - you know - "I feel a presence" but the feeling comes with a non-existent, never persistent, image. My latest visitor popped up a few minutes ago. I believe it was a well-dressed lady about to pour something. I really didn't "see" anything but I "felt" the image. I am exhausted and I think that is probably what causes me to "see-feel" things as my mind begins to wander. Surely I am not on the path to the cuckoos nest type facility; however, all the talk about baby boomers and MS, ALS, and Parkinson's, makes my wonder from time to time. The number of victims of one of those diseases is increasing rapidly as the boomers age. Where will they go? There are not enough facilities. Well, no facility for me! I am determined to remain intellectually active. I will not slip into the darkness of dimentia. Not me! Not ever!

In the meantime, "Would you like me to decipher a Rorshach for you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment