counter

Wednesday 2 March 2016

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

I have been bragging about the fact that my PD seems to be progressing slowly and today, this happens.

I was standing in the bathtub taking a shower. I went to turn to face the shower and the next thing I knew, I was flat on my back, outside the tub, with my legs, from the knees down, still draped over the side of the tub. I had fallen, taking the shower curtain with me. I narrowly missed the toilet with my head. I think the shower curtain saved me from that little indignity. In fact, I wasn't hurt at all. Just puzzled. Was the fall caused by the PD or carelessness? I have been feeling a bit woozy lately. I think it was PD. Maybe. Yesterday I walked three miles without my poles and without incident. So, maybe it wasn't PD.

Who knows? Who cares? PD will continue to attack my brain and I am resigned to my destiny. If not PD, then I was stupidly careless and things will have to change.

How perfectly strange to be 70!

4 comments:

  1. take care you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your concern. This morning I went 6,000 steps in the deep beach sand. I used my poles because you get a good workout against the loose sand. I had no problems. I now intend to take a shower which is scarier than a 3mile walk.

      Delete
  2. One day at a time.... carefully. You still got that great attitude and your tribe loves you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am humbled Michael and anonymous. Thank you. Made it through the shower without incident. Going out to walk.

    "One day at a time" is good advice.

    ReplyDelete