counter

Monday 21 September 2020

the gate #2

the gate

 

There's a gate with no fence

But it's shut tight and locked

So stand on the outside and wait

my  time is a thread cocooning the lock

But the clock has its hand on the gate

 

​In the mist​ shines a figure

​who fiddles and fidgets​ 

​with a key that ​she wears round her neck on a chain

her eyes are the entrance

to thrills I'd forgotten

I release all the moths from my brain

 

​We had spent time together

Disguised as young lovers​

That drive each other insane

But it did have its moments

she didn't surrender

​Just anger without any pain​

 

​Now ​She beckons me, comforts me

grapples my mind

I'm hither and thither and yon 

Make the night last forever

and don't be discouraged

If you find in the morning I'm gone

 

But where would you go

I asked her at midnight

A time when we askers can't wait 

I will just be a moment

She said through her smile

But I have to lock that old gate

 

I ​know she remembered

b​ut we suffered in silence​

Perhaps we got lost in a shroud

we both could remember

​with passion and patience​

​Our thoughts never​ spoken aloud

 

​She arrived in the gloman

The very next day

She​ arrived with a memory trace

when you break me in pieces

It's not your fine poems

It's time that you have to embrace

 

​She flashes me slowly

​With things I desire 

but I know that I must be too late

​it's never tomorrow 

​but she suggests so sincerely 

your poetry just doesn't rate  ​

find me a fence without any gate

Until then you just have to wait 

I want a fence without any gate

 

No comments:

Post a Comment