counter

Friday 25 September 2020

the gate

the gate

 

There's a gate with no fence

But it's shut tight and locked

So stand on the outside and wait

my  time is a thread

pursuing the lock

So I rest with my lust on the gate

 

And off in the mist 

A glow in the darkness 

A woman of beauty and grace

her silks flow around her 

ethereal seduction

I doubt she'll remember my face 

 

We had spent time together

Disguised as young lovers​

That drive each other insane

But we did have our moments

Neither surrendered

​Just anger without any pain

 

She comes close beside me 

She whispers so lowly

Then I'm hither and thither and yon 

Make this night last forever

and don't be discouraged

If you find in the morning I'm gone

 

But where would you go

I asked her at midnight

A time when we askers can't wait 

I will just be a moment

She said through her smile

But I have to lock that old gate

 

I wanted to say 

you are liquid  today

Your clothes seem to flow with the rhyme

I was eager to stay

And bathe both your feet

and hopefully watch you bathe mine

 

Perhaps I was anxious

Perhaps I was frightened

perhaps there was no reason to stay

Our worn out romance

had gradually faded

Just gradually faded away

 

​She came back to me at twilight

with a vow to start over

She had her heart on her face

I was righteously scolded

and relentlessly molded

And properly put in my place

 

You think I don't know you

You think you can have me

Well I won't suffer the disgrace

when we broke into pieces

You plied me with poems

But it was time you had to embrace

 

Her voice became softer

Her sighs became stronger

She was certain her decision was right

She threw open the curtains

that remained in between us

and basked in the newly found light   

 

a tear in the fabric

Just growing desire 

She felt she had all it would take

​A rustle of slkens 

to debride the wound

And try to make me go straight

 

In the mist preens a couple

I fidget she trembles 

She's sweating while reading a line

You can lie here beside me

But seek absolution

then I will let you be mine

 

You must write me a poem

About a fence with no gate

and without any circular rhyme

Forget my desire

my lust will recover

you just have to give me more time 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment