counter

Sunday 27 December 2020

Cold and it's getting colder

 I believe I have written about my inability to get off the ground.  I tell my brain to put the rest of my body and then.....and then.......nothing.  My body rebels and I can "feel" this rebellion through the absence of any muscular twitching.  I am grounded!

Now my readings have led me the conclusion that I also experience momentary "freezing" upon first standing or changing directions.  I have to be careful.  If I try to take regular steps in these cases I will probably fall so I am reduced a shuffle with momentary freezing between each stuffed step.  Now, I know this is not classic freezing, but surely the classic freezing will eventually arise, just as my momentary hallucinations led to a full-blown lengthy hallucination involving a pair of sympathy police (May 4, 2020).

classic freezing (from Wikipedia)

  • Freezing is a common symptom of Parkinson’s disease, but can affect people in many different ways. Often a person freezes while walking, usually when changing direction or walking up a step, feeling as though their foot has become glued to the ground. But freezing can affect other movements, too.

More about freezing anon - maybe domani.

No comments:

Post a Comment