counter

Thursday 8 October 2015

Did you just drop in to......

see what condition my condition is in?

Reading the last few entries, I think I am giving the impression that I am totally symptom free. Outwardly, that is the case but...

    ,
  • when I open mouth and speak, anyone further than 5 feet from me cannot hear me; and
  • If they can hear me, they probably think I am stupid as my brain freezes and I can't find the right words; ergo, I speak "unsophisticated speak", interrupted by moments when I go completely blank. "Unsophisticated speak"? Right! It is more like "moronic" speak!
  • Sleep, if it really exists, is a distant memory. Last night I managed only 3 hours. Totally fatigued at the moment
  • And then there is the joy of festination. The problem is, I am unable to "heal-toe" without putting my mind into it. I quickly get distracted when forcing the "heal-toe" mantra and I have suffered the strange walk/run common in PD. As you know, it ends in a face plant. Not much fun!
  • sometmes when I am relaxing or just dozing off, I super-twitch. It is so violent, it awakens my wife.
  • If I don't twitch, my leg may go into spasm, the likes of which defy description. I can only get rid of it by standing for a few minutes.
  • Finally there are the dreams - virtual reality in high definition, in which I cry out and my wife has to make sure I am not dying.

So there you go. That is the condition my condition is in. I have symptoms. Too bad; so sad. Fortunately, I can live with them and they don't get me down. But hey, thanks for dropping by.

Pageviews to date...40,506. Comments welcome. Merci beaucoup.

No comments:

Post a Comment