counter

Friday 23 October 2015

“O! that way madness lies; let me shun that.”

Today's sermon is about smell. We who live with parkinson's cannot detect odors. Our sense of smell has disappeared or is on its way out and now; now we are saddled with a new symptom. Apparently we smell. We radiate a musky fragrance.

"Fragrance" is a noun defined as "The quality of having a pleasant odor" while "musky" is an adjective defined as "relating to, or having the odor of musk." MUSK! MUSK! That's an ox, isn't it? I have never been near one so I don't know their smell, but I reckon it isn't pleasant. They appear to be shaggy, mean looking creatures who probably stink. Surely we don't have that humiliation to go along with a voice like Phyllis Diller's and other debasing qualities!

I know,I know, you are thinking I am crazy. Nobody has mentioned that you radiate a musky smell, but it's true. Check it out. Of course, and let's hope, the lady in the video may have a super human nose. I don't want to treat her with disrespect, but come on.... "musky"?!. Maybe she has the problem? Maybe she is a smell savant .... Musky.... I don't want to smell like an ox, and isn't musky also associated with death - like *Egyptian mummies? Oh, the smell expert probably means well and there are hints that the cause of her uncanny nose will lead to a better understanding of the disease in which case I forgive the lady with the impertinent probiscis.

Here I take my leave for I must go now and scour my body with lye soap. Musky!! How nice. If we should ever meet, you had better stand downwind of me, lest you think me a corpse.

*It has been pointed out to me that mummies smell "musty" not "musky" in which case you can ignore the picture below

Heading by Shakespeare,

No comments:

Post a Comment