counter

Thursday 29 October 2015

It's too early for Santa!!!

I had the mother of all auditory hallucinations today.  I was working on my ipad when I distinctly heard footsteps.  At first I thought they were coming from our deck but I checked and nobody was there.  I thought I had just imagined it, but no, they started again.  Real footsteps coming from upstairs.  Was I going crazy?  I mean we don't have an upstairs!  We live in a bungalow.  The attic maybe?  Not much room up there.  "Relax!"  I told myself "It's just an hallucination.  It will soon go away."  Nope!  No such luck. The footsteps continued.  I was getting anxious about my sanity; that is, until I looked out of the window and saw a truck that specialized in eaves troughing.  The cleaners were on the roof. My wife had hired the company to clear the leaves out of the troughs.  I either didn't know about it or had forgotten.  No auditory hallucinations or poltergeists here.

  I wasn't GOING crazy.  I was already there.

No comments:

Post a Comment