counter

Wednesday 21 October 2015

Failure is not an option

This week we learned (1) a cancer drug appears to have a positive effect on PD (2) Canadian researchers are having some success with stem cell therapy for PD (on mice).

Both are good news, especially if you have early onset PD. Those of us in the twilight of our years probably won't benefit. But, Mr. Scientist, don't let my whining stop your good work. Maybe you will be successful sooner than I believe, maybe not. I hope you won't let the complaints of an "older" chap or your fear of failure get you down. You are bound to fail many times before you succeed and I, for one, can wait Keep digging science people; find that cure.

In the words of Winston Churchill, "Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."

I believe success is just a step away.

Damn! Now look! I have gone and got my hopes up again.

This week's statistics

All time 42,060

  • Russia 122
  • Canada 76
  • United States 40
  • Japan 35
  • United Kingdom 28
  • Ukraine 12
  • Thailand 5
  • Germany 2
  • Singapore 2
  • Australia 1

No comments:

Post a Comment