counter

Tuesday 12 March 2013

Ten men waiting for me at the door? Send one of them home, I'm tired. (Mae West)

I am no longer asymptomatic since our return from the tropics. The worst of it is exhaustion. I can work successfully until about 11 AM when I must take a nap. My nap.....my sanctuary.....my mind shuts down for about 1/2 hour and when I awake, I feel refreshed .....for about two hours..... and then I start getting tired again. I think that will be my life, one long process of getting tired. Oh well, no day can be all bad if I have that little nap.

My tremor has returned when I walk. It had disappeared while down south. Again, this can't be a coincidence. What factors are different between north and south? First, the obvious, it is warm down there. Second: I get more vigorous exercise when it is warm and there is an absence of snow. Finally, I am under no stress in South Beach - it is 3 weeks devoid of stress. There they are again....exercise and no stress....the two generals in the battle against PD.

I can't wait for summer so I am ordering a stationary bike so I can exert myself. I will close the door, turn the heat up high, crank up the ipod and go biking to nowhere.

Oh yes, while I am going nowhere, I will be thinking of nothing. Melancholy is incompatible with bikes going nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment